Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Project Superintendent is the company’s representative with the responsibility and authority for daily coordination and direction of the project so that it is safe, within budget, on schedule, meets the company’s quality standards, and meets the customer’s satisfaction. To accomplish this, you must conceptualize a plan to construct the project and ensure that the daily and weekly activities are consistent with this plan. The Project Superintendent and the Project Manager will work together as a complementary team. The sum of their combined effort is greater than their individual efforts. The project Superintendent can concentrate most of his or her time on the daily and short-range direction of the project.
Some years of experience in K-12
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with development of schedule, phasing and logistics.
- Assist with constructability review (if required)
- Assist with development of bid packages and scopes of work.
- Assist with the bid, award and procurement of subs and suppliers.
- Responsible for leading, directing and coordinating the day-to-day field activities of the project including:
- Subcontractor Management
- Project cost control
- Implementation of the project schedule
- Ensure quality control program is implemented including punch list.
- Actively resolve field issues
- Produce daily reports and gather subcontractor daily reports.
- Participate in OAC meetings.
- Run regular Foreman meetings and make sure minutes are taken.
- Properly maintain and file project documents
- Ensure the correct documents are available in the field.
- Ensure accurate as-built drawings are being maintained.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure the jobsite is secure.
- Managing the permit and inspection process & all code compliance
- Understand the owner contract and responsibilities of the agreement.
- Understand the subcontracts and POs executed for the project.
- Train, mentor and educate the FE’s and Assistant Superintendents working under them on the project.
- Continually analyze and mitigate project risk.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in RFQ/RFP responses as needed.
- Participate in project interviews as needed.
- Assist with finding and developing future job opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
10-Hour OSHA Construction Certification
CPR and First Aid Certification
Dependent on experience.
Full benefits, 401K match, and ESOP- Stock Ownership Program.